|Hoodsport 'N Dive has been training commercial harvest divers since the early 1990's. We have made vast improvements in our program and offer a wide selection of courses for a person wishing to become a commercial harvester. We pride ourselves on safety and teaching to the style of the student. We are able to take an individual with no dive experience and make him a safe, capable Surface Supplied Tender and/or Diver. The student will begin by learning basic open water SCUBA skills with extra training in Nitrox and drysuit diving. Hoodsport 'N Dive also trains the student in emergency procedures such as Oxygen administration, First aid, CPR and the use of an AED. At the completion of the SCUBA program the diver moves into the Surface Supplied diving experience. The diver uses their knowledge gained in the SCUBA program and applies it to the use of Surface Supplied dive equipment. The diver learns the components of the compressor, the handling of the umbilical lines, communication with the surface, mask maintenance and safe diving techniques.
We offer five unique programs:
- SSA FULL Program - for the beginner with no dive experience.
- SSA Diver Program - Designed for the person with SCUBA experience but wanting to move into Surface Supplied.
- SSA Tender - Designed for the person who does not want to dive, but needs to know how to safely work with a Surface Supplied Diver.
- SSA REFRESH - We custom build a class for SSA divers to refresh the skills they have not used recently to keep them safer. This course can take one to two days depending on what the student wants to learn.
- SSA Experience - Are you a SCUBA diver who has wanted the experience of diving a Kirby Morgan Band mask or Helmet? We can put together a short one day course to give you the experience so you understand the feeling of wearing a 32lb helmet in the water and the ability to have clear communications with people on the surface.